HONG KONG part 1
Day 1Had lunch at Changi airport. Feels good not going there to study anymore but to actually go on a holiday! Went to the Krisflyer lounge and it looks awesome. Always feeling nervous before takeoff, maybe because I watch too much Air Crash Investigation XD The flight was only 3h plus so barely had enough time to catch one movie, I watched Total Recall and it was kinda mind-fucking me at some scenes. Still love psychological type of shows. Liar Game and/or Death Note should have one more season! I should so otaku-ish but those are like the best dramas ever!!! Anyway, landed in HK amid some delays with the plane circling round and round to drag time. Was horrified by all the difficult Chinese words I can't read nor remotely guess how it sounds like. Not to mention the total language barrier when I don't understand a word of Cantonese. The buildings in HK are really tall, the hotel I'm staying in is almost 40 floors high. Another high thing is the stench, I could smell it from inside the taxi. Oh, the hotel sorta screwed up the rooms, with no more rooms available for us with a king/queen size bed, so TF argue until they gave us this gigantic penthouse room, but only for a night. Oh when I say gigantic, it's like twice the size of my house. They have a dining room, a KITCHEN(wtf?), this bigass TV(55inch?), a study room(with storybooks OMFG my heaven), a bar(complete with alcohol and coffee machine), two toilets and a walk-in wardrobe. The toilet is fucking cool btw, the toilet seat freaking auto lifts itself up when you walk in, and auto flush and closes when you stand up. There's a bathtub too, with a TV(WTF) installed beside it. I wanna be freaking rich so I'll make my house so pretty next time. Walked around the streets and ate some good food, had this awesome wonton noodles and mango dessert. Went to some ladies street and it's something like an oversized bugis street. Nothing much to buy :( They have plenty of knock-offs though. Went to a shopping mall beside the hotel and they're selling winter clothings everywhere, no hope of buying clothes anymore. Sat at Starbucks to get some free 20min limit wifi. And received fucking bad news. Like fucking fucking bad. My grandma got admitted into hospital due to Pneumonia and almost all of us are overseas. What's creepy is that the death anniversary of my grandpa is coming up and it's the same disease that took him away too. Yuefang had some premonition that something is gonna disrupt our trip to HK this time round. Lets hope all these are just superstition and coincidence and nothing more. I just hope for the best. It's a very bad way to end the first day of this HK trip. It looks like my mum doesn't have much mood to have fun either. Hopefully things will be better when Yuefang and CS join us on the 19th. Day 2 Had dimsum for brunch! Then went to shop around the Mongkok area using the MTR. The train gate must scan the card then push the trigonal pyramidal metal thing to pass through like those at the swimming pool. Mum kept saying the card wasn't working and even went to the counter to check the card. The counter said the card was alright. Turns out she thought the gate will auto open by itself like those MRT in SG. MEGA FACEPALM!!! So she just stood there expecting the gate to open by itself while everyone else beside her and in front of her was pushing the bars. Anyway I was kinda pissed off in the evening cause I had to carry a heavy bulky bag of H&M clothes and it was so freaking squeezy and mum kept stopping asking stupid stuff while ppl behind was just pushing and pushing. Argh, how many times must I say I don't need branded expensive flats cause I'm gonna spoil them in like 3 months. And the taste of TF and mum is so gross, like stuck in the last millennium, lol 1012? Branded stuff in HK are SO EXPENSIVE, even with the strong SG exchange rate. The cheap stuff are really cheap though. H&M here much much cheaper than SG!! Had roasted goose for dinner, oh god it's so awesome. Went back to the hotel and they changed the room to a small one :( It's still nice though! I still cannot find any suitable stuff to buy home for friends. Most looks too cheap, too impractical, too useless and too old fashioned. Sian. Weather was good! Air conditioned temp. I was just wearing short sleeves and the HK ppl are wearing like winter boots and long sleeves idk whyyyyy?! Sigh, there no wifi anywhere, not even Starbucks and the hotel. Only the mall has. Oh saw lots of cute guys on the streets today. Actually HK boys quite good looking, far from SG haha. Cannot forget the cute boy at Fred Perry at the HK Times Square XD Day 3 Went to Macau today! Had to take a ferry there from HK, haha damn easy to sleep on the ferry. There are almost no traffic lights in Macau damn cool! Weather was good with cool sea winds. Went to Venetian and went in the casino though I weren't 21 yet, was just walking through the casino to get to the other side. It's crazy big, biggest in Macau! Ate there at this Noodle Hut thing. Free wifi!! Finally! My shock when I got 270 Whatsapp messages. Went to buy almond biscuits and peanut cracker thing at the mall there too. Hehe, got a box of almond biscuits for the girls! We wanted to watch some aquatic acrobatic show, we even cabbed there, but the tickets were sold out. Seems quite cool! Went to the Ruins of St. John and its just a typical tourist attraction. Just took pictures and left hahaha. Bought pork chop burger along that street and it's damn nice! Went to Naraya along that street too and bought pad pouches for the girls since they all don't have! Ferried back to HK and ate dinner at this famous wonton mee stall. Then as usual sat at the Langham Mall for some wifi. There's Toastbox there too! Good job Breadtalk. The pomelo honey hot drink is damn damn nice!!!!! Day 4 Had Mcdonalds for breakfast! They have macaroni soup! And everything is pork hahaha. Took the MTR to Disneyland. The special train there was quite cute! Mickey shaped handles and figurines at each carriage. We arrived at 10am and they gave us 10% merchandise voucher to use before 11.30am, early bird advantages! Bought different types of pen for the girls. Quite cheap actually, I expected really expensive stuff. Had lunch at this restaurant and the food is freaking good! It's really expensive, but it's pretty and taste really nice!!! Mainland China ppl freaking rude, kept trying shamelessly to cut queue. The locals scolded them strongly hahaha. They love to squeeze and knock into others without apologising. Apparently even when we're taking taxi, all the uncles said they hate mainland china ppl and they like Singaporean hahaha. One uncle complained that they do not pass him the money after alighting the taxi but actually just throw the coins or whatever on the seats and leave. How rude!!! Anyway I left Disneyland with a bad impression of these people. Took many many rides. There was kiddish ones but we only took the thrilling ones. The viking-like thing was crazy, we went beyond vertical! The space ride thing was best ride ever, freaking fast with so many turns, screamed like crazy! :D The other mining thing roller coaster was cool too, quite a lot of reverse tracks. The 3D thing was good too! It's like an animation of the classic songs from each Disney movie. Dinner was at the food court and the food tasted pretty good! Then walked around to find shelter from the chilling wind and waited for the fireworks. Damn nice! Its rhythm is combined with those classic Disney songs. The huge Christmas tree at the entrance was really pretty!! And it SNOWED, haha it was fake soap thingy sprayed down from the top of the shops on the streets. Damn cool!!! The weather was FUCKING COLD throughout the day. The morning was already chilly. It drizzled in the afternoon and the temperature just dropped like crazy. I only wore a long sleeve, a jacket, jeans and leggings. Still froze. Found out that night that the temperature was 12-16 degree Celsius. The weather forecast was wrong -.- It said 20 degree C the day before. The first time I used the hood so much!! Basically anytime that I'm not indoors nor taking pictures. Labels: food, movie, overseas, shopping 0 comment[s] | back to top |