S M I L E


ENTRY ABOUT LINKS STUFFS FACEBOOK TWITTER TUMBLR NEWER OLDER +FOLLOW

Watoto
Woke up nice and early to meet Eileen, Mun and Jovey (Mun's sister) at Whitesands to go for her church special service with the Watoto choir kids.
Though I am not religious, I really like the atmosphere there. It was unlike a catholic school where after the school choir performed a song, no one is allowed to clap and the atmosphere was sort of tense and somber. The priest was only preaching and the long rituals of giving bread, presenting the bible and praying made non-believers in the school (which is like around 70% of us) feel extremely bored and uncomfortable (our butts hurt from sitting too long). The compulsory long prayers during morn assembly, before a meal and before school ends, really wasn't much of a good memory.
In her church, after the pastor made a speech or the choir sang, everybody applauded. The songs were engaging and lively. I feel so much more at ease there than the forty over mass sessions I've had in my pri and sec school.
The Watoto choir sang really nicely, they sang a Chinese song and have commendable pronunciation, might be better than some Singaporeans. And then you know you're in trouble when you can't even read and understand simple traditional chinese lyrics on the screen. Some are even the same as simplified chinese. Thank god for English translated lyrics there. It was a good experience. I can actually see what good religion can bring to a person, hope is one strong thing.
Went to eat Popeye's after that. Jovey was really nice to treat us all since she got her first pay recently. Seriously, where to meet such a nice person?
Went to buy malt candy with Eileen while Mun and Jovey shared cotton candy. Then I went Tampines to find my sandals, shoes and bag. Got a nice $5 canvas bag, $66 grey converse shoes and I still can't find sandals that fit me. Damn this flat thin feet. Just window shopped most of the time and walked into every shop to look around. It's actually stress relieving :)
Went supermarketing with Eileen. Feels so nice to do that with a friend. Went home at around 7 after having such a nice time.
It was a good day :)
<3

0 comment[s] | back to top

<3